Terms & Conditions
This legal notice applies to the entire contents of the Website under the domain names www.securelegalservices.co.uk and www.securemediation.co.uk (the “Website”) and to any correspondence by e-mail between us and you. Please read these terms carefully before using the Website. Using the Website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the Website. This notice is issued by Secure Legal Services Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 5605641 and having its registered office at Heatley Lane Farmhouse Heatley, Abbots Bromley, Staffordshire, WS15 3EW
1.1 By accessing any part of the Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted this legal notice in full. If you do not accept this legal notice in full, you must leave the Website immediately.
1.2 We may revise this legal notice at any time by updating this posting. You should check the Website from time to time to review the then current legal notice, because it is binding on you. Certain provisions of this legal notice may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at the Website.
2.1 You are permitted to print and download extracts from our Website for your own personal use on the following basis:
- (a) no documents or related graphics on the Website are modified in any way;
- (b) no graphics on the Website are used separately from the corresponding text; and
- (c) our copyright, trade mark notices, and this permission notice appear in all copies.
2.2 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on our Website (including without limitation photographs and any graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors. For the purposes of this legal notice, any use of extracts from the Website other than in accordance with clause 2.1 for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in this legal notice, your permission to use the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Website.
2.3 Subject to clause 2.1, no part of the Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
2.4 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
3. SERVICE ACCESS
3.1 Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
3.2 Access to our Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
4. VISITOR MATERIAL AND CONDUCT
4.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from our Website any material:
- (a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- (b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- (c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
- (d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
4.3 You may not misuse our Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
4.4 We shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of clause 4.2 or clause 4.3.
5. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
5.1 Links to third party websites on our Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave our Website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to our Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
5.2 If you would like to link to our Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- (a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of Secure Legal Services or Secure Mediation logo;
- (b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around our Website;
- (c) you do not in any way imply that we endorse any products or services other than our own;
- (d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us;
- (e) you do not otherwise use any Secure Legal Services or Secure Mediation trade marks displayed on our Website without express written permission from us;
- (f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- (g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
5.3 We expressly reserve the right to revoke the right granted in clause 5.2 for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate.
5.4 You shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered by us for breach of clause 5.2.
6.1 Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on our Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on our Website. We may make changes to the material on our Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on our Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
6.2 The material on our Website is provided “as is”, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with access to our Website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which, but for this legal notice, might have effect in relation to our Website.
7.1 We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering our Website), and any of our group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with our Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of our Website, any websites linked to our Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing our Website or your downloading of any material from our Website or any websites linked to our Website.
7.2 Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit our liability for:
- (a) death or personal injury caused by negligence; or
- (b) fraud; or
- (c) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
- (d) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.securelegalservices.co.uk or www.securemediation.co.uk (our “Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to any service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- To ensure that our service content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party, in which case data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
7.3 If your use of material on our Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you agree to be responsible for all such costs.
8. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising in connection with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Issue Date: 01-05-2012.
Secure Legal Services Ltd and Secure Mediation (“We”, “our” and “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is a limited company; Secure Legal Services Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 5605641 and having its registered office at Heatley Lane Farmhouse Heatley, Abbots Bromley, Staffordshire, WS15 3EW
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone or email.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose information to third parties:
You have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.